Turbo Jam is yet another successful Beachbody product by Chalene Johnson. Chalene has proven she knows exactly what people are looking for in a home fitness program through many other workouts she has created. Turbo Jam was designed to be fun and effective. While it may be effective for some, will it benefit you? We have gathered the information you need to decide.
Turbo Jam – What is it?
Turbo Jam is a home fitness workout DVD program designed for burning fat and increasing muscle mass. While it is fun, it is not by any means “easy”. The workouts will keep you moving and offer different levels of intensity for those in the beginning, intermediate, and advanced fitness levels.
Turbo Jam – What’s Included?
- 5 Workouts on 2 DVDs (1 Tutorial plus 4 Workouts)
- Elite 11 Flash Cards
- 24/7 Online Support
- Turbo Results Step-by-Step Guidebook
- Turbo Sculpting Gloves
- Punch, Kick & Jam DVD
- Turbo Slim Rapid Results Program (meal plan)
Turbo Jam – The Program
Turbo Jam is a well-rounded program that targets the most important areas for success. This program consists of the workouts, a meal plan, and support. Getting fit and losing weight is not just about exercise but is also about what you use to fuel your body. Chalene has created a healthy meal plan that includes recipes and a guide book that will help you choose the right foods to eat when you decide to dine out.
The workouts consist of a variety of concepts including cardio, body-sculpting, kickboxing, and dance. The program claims you can lose up to 1,000 calories; however, on average expect to lose up to 700 calories with one 45-minute workout.
The workouts consist of 11 core moves called the Elite 11. These moves are put together in different sequences throughout the workouts and are designed to target specific parts of your core and abdominal muscles.
Breakdown of 5 workouts on 2 DVDs:
- Learn and Burn (30 minutes) – This is an introduction to the Elite 11 exercises. These are the moves you will see on all of the DVDs. Once you can master these, the rest of the workouts will be easier to follow.
- Turbo Sculpt (40 minutes) – This workout is designed to sculpt your body and target your problem areas. The Turbo Jam Sculpting Gloves are used to increase intensity. They should not be used until you can get through a workout without them.
- 20 Minute Workout (20 minutes) – This is perfect for when you simply don’t have the time for the longer workouts. The workout begins at a slow pace and then gradually increases.
- Cardio Party (45 minutes) – This is an intense dance workout; however, Chalene does ease into the intensity. True to its name, you will be constantly moving for an effective calorie blaster workout.
- Ab Jam (20 minutes) – This workout focuses on your abdominal muscles. The exercises are done from a standing position, which is perfect for people who have trouble with floor exercises.
If you have the time, combine these workouts for even quicker results.
The meal plan is based on a healthy diet. If you are not eating a healthy diet now, it will require you to make some changes. It recommends you cut your calories down to around 1,500 calories per day. Eliminate alcohol and refined sugars from your diet altogether. You will need to take in fewer fats, eat more fresh fruits and vegetables, watch your portions and the types of carbs you intake.
The plan calls for eating three full meals plus two snacks each day. It recommends you drink 6 to 8 12-ounce glasses of water every day; however, more is always better. A multi-vitamin is also recommended.
Turbo Jam – Pros/Cons
The workout programs do combine a variety of fun and interesting concepts. You also have the option of choosing “Pump Up” which is basically a music option that drowns out Chalene’s voice. This is great for people who have been doing the program for a while and do not need the instruction Chalene provides.
The meal plan seems to be effective; however, there are not any fat-burning supplements or appetite suppressants offered. These are very beneficial for people trying to lose weight. While it does not promote them, they can be purchased on the Beachbody website.
This program does provide the tools necessary for success. If having fun while losing weight and getting into shape is something that interests you, then this workout program is likely worth the investment. You can buy Turbo Jam with a one-time fee of $59.85 plus $12.95 S&H, or you can break it into three monthly payments of $19.95 plus $12.95 S&H (processed on the first payment).