Tai Cheng has taken the old techniques of Tai Chi and Chi Kung and combined them with today’s fitness science to create a revolutionary workout DVD. It is designed to reduce joint and muscle pain and increase balance and strength for an overall feeling of well-being. Does this workout DVD really help people with limited range of motion and joint and muscle pain? This Tai Cheng review will address these issues and more.
Tai Cheng – Description
This Beachbody workout, created by Dr. Mark Cheng, uses a special technique called Dynamic Motion Control which focuses on 18 fundamental moves that is expected to show results in as little as 90 days. The workout begins with an energetic warm-up that is followed by a new Tai Chi movement. You will learn the moves in phases so that you can safely and effectively perform the moves together in a sequence.
Tai Cheng – What’s Included?
- 12 DVDs
- 1 Master Scroll DVD (breathing and meditation workout/guide to moves)
- Easy Does It Guidebook
- Feel Better Food Plan
- Workout Calendar (Week-by-Week)
- Tai Cheng Foam Roller
- Tape Measure
- Applied Tai Cheng: Travel & Sport DVD
- Nutrition Guide
- Lower Resistance Strength Band
- Medium Resistance Strength Band
- Removable Floor Tape
- Free 24 Hour Online Support
Tai Cheng Master Kit
Base Kit plus….
- 2 DVDs (Master Class and Qi Gong)
- Master Wall Calendar (Week-by-Week)
- Weighted Gloves
- High Resistance Strength Band
Tai Cheng – The Program
The program is divided into four phases. In the first three phases, you will learn six new Tai Chi moves for each phase totaling 18 moves. For each phase, the six movements you learn will be put into a routine. The first three phases are three weeks long. The fourth phase will put all of these moves together in a specific sequence. This last phase is four weeks long.
- Phase One – Teaches 6 Tai Chi moves that focus on strength and overall range of motion while reducing pain.
- Phase Two – Teaches 6 Tai Chi moves that focus on increasing energy, burning calories, and improving strength, balance, and stability.
- Phase Three – Teaches the final 6 Tai Chi moves.
- Phase Four – Combines all 18 moves for a highly effective workout.
Tai Cheng – Benefits
- Improves balance
- Awakens dormant energy
- Tones muscles
- Strengthens muscles
- Relieves stiffness in joints
- Increases range of motion
- Improves joint function
- Increases flexibility
- Increases lung capacity
- Enhances overall well-being
Tai Cheng – Pros/Cons
The benefits the workout provides are definitely a positive impact on your health. They are low-impact, which is helpful for those already suffering from joint health issues. Because the program is low-impact, you will not see as many calories burned as many other products out there for weight loss. However, this program is focused more on promoting agility, range of motion, strength, balance, and inner peace.
This workout is definitely effective for improving your overall health; however, it is not intended for the person looking to lose weight fast. It is not fast paced as it is designed more for flexibility, balance, and joint relief. It may be an excellent addition to a fast paced cardio/strength training routine for a complete body workout.
You can purchase the Base Kit for one payment of $119.85 plus $24.95 S&H or for three monthly payments of $39.95 plus $24.95 S&H to be paid on the first payment. The price for the Master Kit is not listed on the website. This workout has a 90 day money back guarantee and may be worth trying, especially for those suffering from any type of joint pain.