Body Gospel combines spirituality with exercise to improve your overall health. Many of the workout programs available on the market these days include music that Christians do not find suitable. Body Gospel provides an uplifting and encouraging system that can help you lose weight while building your Christian faith.
Body Gospel – What is it?
Body Gospel by Donna Richardson Joyner is a Christian home based fitness program for those in the beginning levels of fitness. It is not designed for those who are at intermediate or advanced levels. The workout routines consist of both cardiovascular and strength training. However, what makes this workout unique is its non-physical and spiritual attributes.
Donna Richardson Joyner has made it her mission to help families live healthier a lifestyle. Her passion to help people has led her to creating the number one inspirational fitness video in America, “Sweating in the Spirit”. She has starred in Buns of Steel, Nike, and ESPN. Her background includes many different awards and accomplishments, which proves her capability of producing a reputable and effective fitness workout program.
Body Gospel – What’s Included?
- 6 Workout DVDs
- Total Transformation Guide (30-day workout calendar, goal-tracking journal, and daily scripture)
- Feed Your Body, Feed Your Soul Nutrition Guide
- Training Cards
- Resistance Bands
- 24/7 Online Access
- Stepping in the Spirit DVD
- 3-Day Jump-Start Plan
- Body Gospel LIVE! DVD
Body Gospel – The Program
This program comes complete with routines, a nutrition plan, and online support. It not only targets your physical health, but your mental and spiritual health as well. The music includes some of today’s top Christian songs for fun and motivation. The workouts start with a prayer.
- Body Rival (34 minutes) – This is a cardio workout to increase your energy levels and burn calories.
- Core Revelation (21 minutes) – This workout works your abs to produce a strong core necessary for optimal health. It also targets your thighs and backside.
- Stretch in the Spirit (12 minutes) – This DVD helps to increase your flexibility through stretching exercises.
- Power & Praise (37 minutes) – This is an interval training workout where the resistance bands or weights are introduced. This workout is designed to help tone and define your muscles as you burn fat.
- Gospel Glory (45 minutes) – This is a more advanced cardio workout that focuses on your hips, thighs, and belly.
- Strength & Spirit (54 minutes) – This routine includes strength training and cardio for optimal fat burning and calorie burning. It also works to sculpt your entire body.
The nutrition guide tells you how to make healthy food choices. It also shows you the importance of portion control and balance. The plan calls for reducing caffeine, processed foods, sodas, and refined sugars. It gives you tips on how to replace these items with healthy snacks and meals that are designed to increase your energy and metabolism.
The nutrition guide gives you 10 days of breakfasts, lunches, dinners, and snacks that are to be repeated three times. You are allowed the flexibility to switch out one meal for another meal. For example, if you like a lunch on day three better than the day six lunch, then you can eat day three’s lunch on day six.
The plan combines lean proteins, low saturated fats, and good carbs for a low glycemic menu. There are very limited added sugars that are included in the meals. Low glycemic diets and foods are easier on your body promoting a moderate rise in your blood glucose level which can be sustained for a longer period of time.
This type of diet will control the release of glucose into your bloodstream at a steady rate, which will keep your body’s metabolic processes and energy levels balanced providing a longer feeling of fullness and less stress and variations on your body.
The meals are tasty. Some of the meals you will learn how to make are:
- Cesar Salad with Grilled Shrimp
- Chicken and Vegetable Saute
- Chicken Sausage and Egg White Burrito
- Sliced Flank Steak
There are many snacks included in the program, as well as a substitution list for those picky eaters. The nutrition plan also promotes Shakeology. which is a nutrient based meal replacement designed to give you all the nutrients you need for optimal health.
Body Gospel Pros/Cons
This program is definitely geared for people of the Christian faith. It is designed to enhance your relationship with God, as well as motivate you through your faith to have the strength to keep moving forward even when it gets tough.
The program is not a high intensity workout; therefore, those who are at a more advanced level will not find this workout physically challenging; however, it could be just what you need spiritually, especially if you lack the motivation to continue working out consistently.
This is an excellent motivational and inspirational workout program for beginners. You will not be disappointed in the music choices, as they are the basis for the spiritual aspect of the workout program. There is a 30-day money back guarantee so you can try Body Gospel risk-free to see if it is right for you.